This pregnancy has been so different from the first time around! I'm sure many of you can relate. Anyhow, here are my Top 10 Ways You Know It's Baby #2...
1. You feel no need to count the number of minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months that you have been pregnant. You just know that a baby is coming...sometime next spring...or around then.
2. Your doctor's visits can usually take place in 6 minutes or less. This is mostly due to the fact that you are a certified professional at peeing in cups of any size.
3. Suddenly, you realize that you have more answers than questions.
4. Your maternity wardrobe takes up more closet space than all of what your husband uses.
5. You know to keep a bottle of TUMS on your nightstand. Just in case.
6. Instead of imagining a picture-perfect bundle of joy miraculously arriving on your doorstep, you are remembering sleepless nights and the smell of spit-up (all caused by a picture-perfect bundle of joy that you earned fair and square through 36 hours of labor).
7. You spend less time decorating the nursery. You may actually spend absolutely no time decorating the nursery. Suddenly, just having a bassinet at your bedside is perfectly sufficient.
8. You stock up on diapers and nursing pads first. Everything else is icing on the cake.
9. You enter Babies 'R Us looking for what might as well be the minivan of strollers....the DOUBLE stroller (ugh).
10. You know just how happy your life can be with one child...and your mind is reeling at the thought of loving another baby as much as you fell in love with your first. Your heart feels like it just might explode with the joy of it all.