Thursday, January 22, 2009

A Sad Discovery

So there I was, at the parking lot at the gym...getting my things together before getting out of the car.

One quick glance in the mirror on my visor to make sure I didn't have any food in my teeth, and then.... and then..... well, at that moment my world came crashing down.

What I found in the mirror, looking right back at me.... was, well...heartbreaking.

What I found has changed everything....

What I found was......

MY FIRST GRAY HAIR!! (Sob, sniffle, sniffle....gasp, wail.... SOBBBBB)

I don't know why, but this shocking discovery really hit me like a ton of bricks today.

I am feeling very sad and old.

So much for being brunette! I swear I'm calling my hair stylist tomorrow. At least grays blend in with blonde...not left out there stark naked for the world to see like on us brunettes. :(

http://images.teamsugar.com/files/users/0/3362/39_2007/75403740.jpg

On the left is what I was shooting for with the dark locks, on the right is probably what I'll look like just a few short years from now (cue the sad music and violins, please).

5 comments:

crazycool Steenhoeks said...

the gray haired people aren't too bad...I am in the club:)

Lanae said...

yikes, i may never go natural, who knows how many grays are hiding in my bleached locks!

Crystal said...

Thank goodness for the marvels of modern technology. (As in, dye.)

Aimee said...

Haha! Love the picture - it's perfect. Thanks for letting me pose for the gray-haired lady. jk!

Kim, you are young and beautiful and a gray hair just shows that you have been around the block and know a thing or two more than all those non-gray hairs people. :)

Adam Dibble said...

By common consent gray hairs are a crown of glory; the only object of respect that can never excite envy. ~George Bancroft