Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Eight Years and Counting...

Last Tuesday, David and I celebrated our eighth wedding anniversary. It was a really great day. We went to a really nice steakhouse for dinner. He treated me to a dinner of melt-in-your-mouth filet mignon, garlic mashed potatoes, grilled portobello mushrooms, and for dessert, a coffee cheesecake with drizzled chocolate and toasted almonds. Wow. Just thinking about it makes me happy all over again. To celebrate our special day, I made him a video with pictures of our family over the past eight years set to music. Eight years! That means our ten year anniversary is right around the corner. Which means... Paris is right around the corner.

You see, I've always wanted to go to Paris, ever since I was a little girl, when I had posters of the Eiffel Tower hanging in my bedroom. I could see myself eating breakfast outside a lovely little cafe, visiting the Louvre, and stealing a kiss with my sweetheart in the world's most romantic city. Throughout my youth, this dream eluded me time and again. So, when David asked me to marry him (and after I said yes and kissed him a million times), I said in jest that he had ten years to take me to Paris or else I was going to leave him. I was kidding, of course! This became a running joke between us (...for our first anniversary, we went to Vegas and went to the top of the "Eiffel Tower" at the Paris Hotel. He asked if that counted. I said NO.) But, over the years, what started as a joke has turned into a real promise, and David has spoken time and again of our running countdown, and our upcoming trip to the City of Lights.

So, if everyone will please set your watches for May 17th, 2013. It's going to be pretty much the most amazing day of my life. It better be, if Mr. Tait enjoys having a Mrs. Tait around.

I kid! I kid!!! :)

No comments: